[Users] single VM disappeared

James Wilson jbw at me.com
Thu Sep 12 21:21:16 UTC 2013

On 12 Sep 2013, at 21:27, Markus Stockhausen <stockhausen at collogia.de> wrote:

>> please provide the output of:
>>
>> psql engine postgres -c "select * from async_tasks;"
>
> Ok, this is going really crazy now. We are talking about two errors
> that occured at nearly the same time. The first one is what you
> described. The bug on the CPU pane prohibits me from starting the
> VM because "Emulated machine" is empty. No problem with that
> I have a workaround.
>
> But now to the other bug. Took me quite some time to reproduce
> it. But the setup is very simple.
>
> 1) Import a VM from an export domain into the cluster.
> 2) Wait for the successful finished message
> 3) See the machine in the VM overview of the cluster
>    Everything looks fine (vm, disks, ...)
> 4) stop and start cluster
> 5) machine is missing
> 6) cluster spits failure messages

This exact thing is happening to me.  I'm trying to import oVirt 3.2 VM's from an export domain.  The import is successful, to the point I can fire up the VM's.

Restart ovirt-engine and the VM is gone.  Prior to the latest ovirt-engine update, only the VM container was removed and the disk remained.  Since updating to ovirt-engine-3.3.0-3.el6.noarch a few moments ago, the container still gets removed, but now the disk is gone too!

CentOS 6.4 x86_64 / oVirt 3.3