[Users] oVirt 3.3 -- Failed to run VM: internal error unexpected address type for ide disk

Markus Stockhausen stockhausen at collogia.de
Fri Sep 13 08:03:06 UTC 2013

Hello,

not so critical but I had a similar error after switching disk from virtio to virtio-scsi.
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2013-September/016256.html. In this case
a simple detach/attach process solved the problem permanently.

To check we have no regressions I patched to 3.3.0-2 in my NFS based setup with
Virtio-SCSI disks to test your findings. Luckly the "loose your disks after every
reboot" does not occur.

Markus