[Users] oVirt 3.3 -- Failed to run VM: internal error unexpected address type for ide disk

SULLIVAN, Chris (WGK) Chris.Sullivan at woodgroupkenny.com
Fri Sep 13 08:53:05 UTC 2013

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your email. I followed your instructions (detach/attach virtio disks, also tried detach/remove/add/attach virtio disks as well) however the VMs still fail to start with the same error.

Note that the issue persists after upgrading to oVirt 3.3.0-3 while keeping VDSM/libvirt the same.

I'm not too familiar with the whole VM creation/destruction process - where would the root cause of the problem likely be? Is it ovirt-engine breaking the VM definition file when it records the VM as being shut down, or libvirt/VDSM sending bad information back to the engine during the destruction process, or something else?

Cheers,

Chris

PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT, DON'T PRINT THIS EMAIL UNLESS YOU REALLY NEED TO.

This email and its attachments may contain information which is confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail and its attachments from your computer and IT systems. You must not copy, re-transmit, use or disclose (other than to the sender) the existence or contents of this email or its attachments or permit anyone else to do so.