[Users] Starting VM Error

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Sun Sep 15 09:54:14 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 10:52:18AM +0200, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 11:37 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> >
> > Joop, do you have any news for us? More and more people are crashing
> > into this :-(
> >
> >    Bug 1006394 - after update machines fail to up with spice client
> >    interface
>
> Hello, incurring into the same bug.
> I posted this into the bugzilla indicated by Dan:
> "
> Hello,
> I have the same problem now.
> Let me know how can I help to debug and put a working fix in Fedora 18
> stable repo.
> My installation is all-in-one with all updates for f18 repo and ovirt
> repo but without the latest security patch (so I have engine-setup
> 3.2.2-1.1 and not 3.2.3-1.fc18). I would like to fix this before
> applying the security fix or updating to upcoming 3.3
> Thanks,
> Gianluca
> "
>
> I'm available to test proposed patches.
> My system is with selinux in permissive mode from the beginning of 3.2.

Would you be kind to try starting a VM from virsh, where the VM image is
out of ovirt's repor?

I am asking you to have a VM image somewhere on your local disk, chown
it to vdsm:kvm mode 0660, create a libvirt domxml for it (something
simple, no spice or encryption), and try to start it up.

Would this fail to start with the same permission issue, and the issue
is again solved by `chown vdsm:qemu` ? If so, please copy libvir-list
with your reply.

Dan.