[Users] Native GlusterFs Storage domain and prereqs

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 16 15:30:49 UTC 2013

Sven Knohsalla <s.knohsalla at netbiscuits.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm very interested in using libgfapi to get rid of the FUSE overhead,
>as read here:
>http://www.ovirt.org/Features/GlusterFS_Storage_Domain
>
>The pre-reqs for HVs are:
>
>-          libvirt version 1.0.1
>
>-          qemu version 1.3
>
>Currently I just can find these packages for fc19, I'm running FC18
>based nodes with older packages (productive, not testing).
>So, am I right in this position I need to migrate to fc19 based hosts
>for this functionality?
No, you can add the virt-preview repo which should get you the f18 packages. Sorry don't have the URL handy right now. If you can't find let know and I'll post it.

>I'm running an oVirt Engine with version 3.2.1-1.fc18, here I don't
>have the option to choose GlusterFS_Domain, just POSIXFS.
>Which version do I need here ?

3.2 doesn't know about libgfapi, you'll need to do the lowlevel gluster stuff yourself, I think.

Regards,

Joop

--
Sent from my Android tablet with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.