[Users] Update from 3.2 to 3.3 (CentOS 6.4)

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 16 20:30:53 UTC 2013

H. Haven Liu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any recommended procedure for updating from 3.2 to 3.3 (namely on a CentOS 6.4 system), or anything one should be careful when doing such update?

Be careful when you use glusterfs, not nfs over glusterfs, but read the
release-notes. It should have something to say about glusterfs domain
not (yet) working on el6.
Saw a small discussion on irc just yet and my two cents are that you
can't add el6 support to ovirt in release 3.2 and then withdraw it with
3.3 and say well just wait for Centos/Rhel-6.5.
The kernel can come from elrepo so that is not a burden for the ovirt
team, qemu/libvirt should be build by the ovirt team and be available
from the ovirt repo. At the moment I also see/saw Jboss-7.1.1
qemu/libvirt wouldn't be the first packages to be in the ovirt-repo
which are also in the main distributions repos.

Regards,

Joop