[Users] Update from 3.2 to 3.3 (CentOS 6.4)

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Mon Sep 16 20:52:12 UTC 2013

On 09/16/2013 04:30 PM, Joop wrote:
> H. Haven Liu wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there any recommended procedure for updating from 3.2 to 3.3
>> (namely on a CentOS 6.4 system), or anything one should be careful
>> when doing such update?
> Be careful when you use glusterfs, not nfs over glusterfs, but read the
> release-notes. It should have something to say about glusterfs domain
> not (yet) working on el6.
> Saw a small discussion on irc just yet and my two cents are that you
> can't add el6 support to ovirt in release 3.2 and then withdraw it with
> 3.3 and say well just wait for Centos/Rhel-6.5.

We haven't removed any functionality in 3.3.  In 3.2, we added support
for gluster domains through a POSIXFS interface.  In 3.3, we're adding a
feature where we support gluster natively.  This works in Fedora, but is
not available on EL6.  The POSIXFS option still exists

> The kernel can come from elrepo so that is not a burden for the ovirt
> team, qemu/libvirt should be build by the ovirt team and be available
> from the ovirt repo. At the moment I also see/saw Jboss-7.1.1
> qemu/libvirt wouldn't be the first packages to be in the ovirt-repo
> which are also in the main distributions repos.

We're trying to work out a way to do this in a consistent manner going
forward.  We should have a solution soon, but in the meantime, the other
functionality and features should work on both Fedora and EL6.

Thanks

Mike