[Users] Ovirt-engine

Markus Stockhausen stockhausen at collogia.de
Thu Sep 19 13:03:17 UTC 2013

Hello,

welcome to the list. ovirt uses a central management server (ovirt-engine) that
manages the machine definition in a database. It controls VMs on several hypervisor
hosts with this information. To get a VM into the database you have to import
it. virt-v2v helps me for VMWare sources and it should do the trick for you. Find
more info in chapter A.1.2.4 of this page:

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization_for_Servers/2.2/html/Administration_Guide/virt-v2v-scripts.html

Markus