[Users] Ovirt-engine

René Koch (ovido) r.koch at ovido.at
Thu Sep 19 14:55:09 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-09-19 at 20:00 +0530, kumar shantanu wrote:
> Hello Markus,
>

> Thanks for coming back so quickly. I will read the document shortly.
> In the mean time my kvm hypervisor is already running and it's
> attached to iscsi storage.
>
> Do I need to convert all machines ? or I can simply mange all the
> stuff through ovirt-engine like I am managing with virt-manager for
> now.

Your hypervisor must be CentOS 6 or Fedora 18/19 in order to be able to
manage it with oVirt (other Linux distributions are still a wip).

As oVirt has a totally different concept as virt-manager you have to
import your machines into oVirt. As Markus already wrote this can be
done using virt-v2v.

Regards,
René