[Users] Ovirt-engine

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Fri Sep 20 13:01:13 UTC 2013

On 09/20/2013 11:44 AM, kumar shantanu wrote:
> Hi Rene,
>
> Thanks for your reply. My hypervisor is kvm which is already running on
> Centos6. Now I understand the fact that I can't simply connect kvm with
> ovrit-engine rather I will need to import machines from kvm to
> ovirt-engine but my hypervisor will still be kvm ? Am I right ?

yes. you could try to add the host to ovirt-engine, then create a VM,
then dd the guest into the managed disk by ovirt-engine.
if you use a LUN per disk, you can also use the direct lun disk with
ovirt-engine without porting/converting the data.

> On a different node what is the role of vdsm ?

its the agent on the hypervisor the engine uses to communicate with.