[Users] Bug 984737 - UX recommendation. Feedback invited

Markus Stockhausen stockhausen at collogia.de
Sun Sep 22 08:09:22 UTC 2013

Wow, nice to see that such a thing is open for discussion on the mailing
list. I stumbled right across the same problem a week ago and asked
myself if I'm too stupid to operate this dialogue. Two days and a good
sunday morning coffee later I finally formed an opinion about that.

Working with an UI always starts with learning the basic concept. If
you go with OVirt your scope will be:

- Left click objects to open a new window with details
- Right clicki objects to get a context menu
- Using "quick" buttons to make something with a selected object

What you do not learn:

- drag & drop objects (e.g. to move a VM)
- hover over a object to get a drop down menu

That said I like and hate that network setup for being different. It is very
simple to use and understand but it does not fit into the general concept.
Moving icon locations around will make it easier but it will not mitigate
the stylistic inconsistencies.

Sorry for opening this for a broader discussion but I had to write down
my sudden inspiration.

Best regards.

Markus