[Users] Cannot start VMs or delete disks from gluster storage

David Riedl david.riedl at wingcon.com
Mon Sep 23 15:46:49 UTC 2013

 > What versions of qemu and glusterfs are you using?

yum info qemu-kvm.x86_64
Name        : qemu-kvm
Arch        : x86_64
Epoch       : 2
Version     : 0.12.1.2
Release     : 2.355.0.1.el6.centos.7

yum info glusterfs
Name        : qemu-kvm
Arch        : x86_64
Epoch       : 2
Version     : 0.12.1.2
Release     : 2.355.0.1.el6.centos.7

I'm screwing the format of this mail up... Did I mention that I'm also
new to mailing lists? :>

And oooooh. I think I did ignore this:

" Warning: Native GlusterFS support will not work with Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 6.4 at this time"

Anyway, before we venture any further, here is a quick explanation what
I did on 2 servers who have the same configuration:

creating software raid on 2x160GB SATA HDDs
one 10GB LV
one 134GB LV (formatted in xfs)
used both 134GB LVs for glusterfs replication

Is there anything fundamentally wrong with this configuration? I know
it's not ideal and not good for performance, but in the end it only
serve for a small SIP gate and some firewall.

Regards

David