[Users] so, what do you want next in oVirt?

Liviu Elama liviu.elama at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 22:04:00 UTC 2013

Yes sure :).

I'll use VMware as an example here. They have APIs presented so that VMware
tools can monitor and provide application HA based on a particular
application running inside the guest (can be a tomcat server or whatever
app)
there are some community scripts that can take advantage of this APIs but
there are a few commercial software like Symantec Application HA which use
a cut off version of Veritas Cluster integrated with vCenter to configure
and monitor application cluster inside the VM and restart VM or the
application cluster inside VM.

maybe we can have a feature like that that the guest tools can provided
application level monitoring and configuration of the application cluster
can be integrated in the engine.

Cheers
Liviu