[Users] Migration issues with ovirt 3.3

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Tue Sep 24 10:54:47 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 12:15:04PM -0300, emitor at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running ovirt-engine 3.3 in a server with fedora 19, also two host with
> fedora 19 running vdsm and gluster. I'm using the repositories like it
> say's here: http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_3.3_TestDay with enable the
> [ovirt-beta] & [ovirt-stable] repos and disable the [ovirt-nightly] repo.
>
> I've configured a datacenter with glusterfs active an the two Host. I've
> installed a VM and when I do a migration it fails with the message *"VM
> pfSense1 is down. Exit message: 'iface'."* and the VM reboots.

Could you sare vdsm.log from source and destination?

> Also if i
> try to make an snapshot the VM with the Save memory it fails with the
> message *"VM pfSense1 is down. Exit message: Lost connection with qemu
> process."* If I make an snapshot without the Save Memory checked it works.

Here, beyond vdsm.log, I would ask to see /etc/libvirt/qemu/pfSense1.log
to understand why qemu crashed. Please report the version of your
qemu-kcm and kernel.

> I've tried to restart the libvirtd service but it's still happening.

Would you make sure you upgrade to newest libvirt? We had some annoying
bugs resolved by a recent upgrade there.