[Users] Glance with oVirt

Riccardo Brunetti riccardo.brunetti at dnshosting.it
Tue Sep 24 15:11:17 UTC 2013

On 09/24/2013 04:56 PM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Riccardo Brunetti  wrote:
>> Dear ovirt users.
>> I'm trying to setup an oVirt 3.3 installation using an already existing
>> OpenStack glance service as an external provider.
>> When I define the external provider, I put:
>>
>> Openstack Image as "Type"
>> the glance service endpoint as "URL" (ie. http://xx.xx.xx.xx:9292) I
>> used the openstack public url.
>> check "Requires Authentication"
>> put the administrator user/password/tenant in the following fields.
>>
>> Unfortunately the connection test always fails and the glance provider
>> doesn't work in ovirt.
> Could you give more details regarding how you configured glance
> service in your openstack environment?
> Does it relay on swift as its store?
>
> Gianluca
Hi Gianluca. Thank you for the prompt reply.

This is the output of the command: keystone endpoint-list (for what
concerns the glance service)

| 78bf9c3381604e1ba1aa837c7a768173 | regionOne |
http://10.0.54.7:9292              |
http://10.0.54.7:9292            |
http://10.0.54.7:9292           | acb2d31657c5421aaddb1522e2e2340b |

All the public/internal/admin URLs are the same, and are reachable from
the ovirt engine host:

# telnet 10.0.54.7 9292

Trying 10.0.54.7...
Connected to 10.0.54.7.
Escape character is '^]'.

Glance is using a local storage and not swift to store images. Note that
I can use them from the OpenStack testbed that I previously prepared.

Riccardo