[Users] oVirt 3.3 and Neutron

Riccardo Brunetti riccardo.brunetti at dnshosting.it
Fri Sep 27 12:09:00 UTC 2013

Dear oVirt users.
I'm trying to setup oVirt 3.3 using an OpenStack Neutron existing
service as network provider.
It works pretty well: I can use the networks defined in Neutron, import
them and when I launch VM instances from oVirt they get an internal-IP
address from Neutron.
A can also associate a floating IP to the Neutron port and get inbound
connectivity for the virtual machine.
The problem is that if I shutdown the VM (both from inside the VM itself
and from the oVirt WEB GUI) the association port/internal-IP/floating-IP
is lost and when the VM is booted again It will get a different
internal-IP on a different port and I have to manually re-associate the
floating-IP.

Is there a way to keep the IP addresses when the VM is simply shutted
down and not deleted? This is the behavior when using OpenStack: if I
poweroff the VM, the IPs are kept for the future.

Moreover: can you confirm that in oVirt 3.3 there is still no support
for the Neutron security rules?

Thank you very much
Best Regards
Riccardo