[Users] oVirt 3.3 and Neutron

Livnat Peer lpeer at redhat.com
Sat Sep 28 17:25:28 UTC 2013

Hi ricardo,
<snip>

On 09/28/2013 02:47 PM, riccardo.brunetti at dnshosting.it wrote:

> Dear all.
> Please, does anybody have some suggestions? I'm getting stuck with this
> issue.
>
> Thank you very much
> Riccardo
>
> On 2013-09-27 14:09, Riccardo Brunetti wrote:
>> Dear oVirt users.
>> I'm trying to setup oVirt 3.3 using an OpenStack Neutron existing
>> service as network provider.
>> It works pretty well: I can use the networks defined in Neutron, import
>> them and when I launch VM instances from oVirt they get an internal-IP
>> address from Neutron.
>> A can also associate a floating IP to the Neutron port and get inbound
>> connectivity for the virtual machine.
>> The problem is that if I shutdown the VM (both from inside the VM itself
>> and from the oVirt WEB GUI) the association port/internal-IP/floating-IP
>> is lost and when the VM is booted again It will get a different
>> internal-IP on a different port and I have to manually re-associate the
>> floating-IP.

It seems like we are currently creating a port on VM start and deleting
the port on VM stop, which causes the behavior you described.

>> Is there a way to keep the IP addresses when the VM is simply shutted
>> down and not deleted? This is the behavior when using OpenStack: if I
>> poweroff the VM, the IPs are kept for the future.

There should be a way, would you mind reporting a bug on that?

>> Moreover: can you confirm that in oVirt 3.3 there is still no support
>> for the Neutron security rules?

Unfortunately we did not get to handle that yet, but we are looking at
that as part of extending the integration.