[Users] Bottleneck writing to a VM w/ mounted GlusterFS

Stefano Stagnaro stefanos at prisma-eng.com
Thu Sep 26 09:23:35 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm testing oVirt 3.3 with GlusterFS libgfapi back-end. I'm using a node for engine and one for VDSM. From the VMs I'm mounting a second GlusterFS volume on a third storage server.

I'm experiencing very bad transfer rates (38MB/s) writing from a client to a VM on the mounted GlusterFS. On the other hand, from the VM itself I can move a big file from the root vda (libgfapi) to the mounted GlusterFS at 70MB/s.

I can't really figure out where the bottleneck could be. I'm using only the default ovirtmgmt network.

Thank you for your help, any hint will be appreciated.

Regards,
--
Stefano Stagnaro
IT Manager