[Users] Bottleneck writing to a VM w/ mounted GlusterFS

Steve Dainard sdainard at miovision.com
Sat Sep 28 22:09:52 UTC 2013

Are you duplicating the traffic over the same physical network by relaying
through the VM, rather than writing directly to network storage, thereby
halving the write performance?

Assuming you're on a GigE network, are all the network devices running in
full duplex?

Just some guesses based on the fact that the throughput is almost exactly
half.

*Steve Dainard *
IT Infrastructure Manager
Miovision <http://miovision.com/> | *Rethink Traffic*
519-513-2407 ex.250
877-646-8476 (toll-free)

*Blog <http://miovision.com/blog>  |
**LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/miovision-technologies>  |
 Twitter <https://twitter.com/miovision>  |
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/miovision>
*
 Miovision Technologies Inc. | 148 Manitou Drive, Suite 101, Kitchener, ON,
Canada | N2C 1L3
This e-mail may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any
attachments and notify us immediately.