[ovirt-users] Regenerating new SSL certificates for ovirt-engine

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Thu Apr 10 06:26:48 EDT 2014

Thank you Sven,

I would avoid the engine rename process.

Trey,

If the internal network is not exposed to the Internet, only the engine SSL certificate and key may be re-enrolled.

If you did not issue your own SSL certificate for the apache, execute the following to create a new key/certificate out of the engine internal CA, replace @PASSWROD@ with your own.

# cp -a /etc/pki/ovirt-engine "/etc/pki/ovirt-engine.$(date "+%Y%m%d")"
# SUBJECT="$(openssl x509 -subject -noout -in /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/certs/apache.cer | sed 's/subject= //')"
# /usr/share/ovirt-engine/bin/pki-enroll-pkcs12.sh --name=apache --password="@PASSWORD@" --subject="${SUBJECT}"
# openssl pkcs12 -passin "pass:@PASSWORD@" -nokeys -in /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/keys/apache.p12 > /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/certs/apache.cer
# openssl pkcs12 -passin "pass:@PASSWORD@" -nocerts -nodes -in /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/keys/apache.p12 > /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/keys/apache.key.nopass
# chmod 0600 /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/keys/apache.key.nopass

And restart apache.

Regards,
Alon