[Users] el7 based node? el7 as a supported platform for ovirt?

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Wed Apr 2 07:29:13 UTC 2014

On 04/02/2014 10:19 AM, Sven Kieske wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for bringing this up, based on the fact that el7 is based on
> fedora 19 I assume it should work, as ovirt runs on fedora 19 too.
>
> I hope the redhat dev team keeps that in mind when changing stuff
> in el7.
>
> As you point out, the qemu-kvm version is one of the most interesting
> things, especially the compiler flags (live migration anyone?).

1. we currently provide the qemu-kvm-rhev package via an ovirt jenkins
    build, while we work with CentOS virt/cloud SIGs to try and resolve
    this within CentOS.

2. Yes, we are looking at .el7 support. I'm hoping/assuming a community
    edition will be available around 3.5 GA to consider it.

3. I think Fabian replied in the past they moved ovirt-node to be .el6
    based, rather than fedora based to reduce the churn.