[Users] Updating AIO from 3.3.4 to 3.4

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 19:20:36 UTC 2014

Hello,
I know that AIO setup is only for experimenting and trying but I find
it very useful in several situations. So having a 3.3.4 All-In_one
installation on fedora19 and wanting to update it to 3.4 I have some
doubts.
In release notes I see for general updates:

On Fedora 19 you'll need to enable fedora-updates repository for
having updated openstack packages --> OK. It is normally already
enabled

On Fedora 19, you'll need to enable fedora-virt-preview repository for
using Fedora 19 as node on 3.4 clusters --> how do I managed this?
This is indeed a node too, so I have to enable virt-preview for it?
Correct?

BTW: Is this note still true in general or did the related virt
packages go into fedora-updates, or is it planned in coming
days/weeks?

When engine-setup is run and detects that a newer version is available
and outputs that I have to run

yum update ovirt-engine-setup

is it correct to say that in AIO setups I should actually run

yum update ovirt-engine-setup ovirt-engine-setup-plugin-allinone

or is it the latest package not crucial to be updated before new
engine-setup is run?

At the end of engine update can I simply put the AIO server into
maintenance (as a node) and run "yum update" so that vdsm (aka node)
packages are updated too and so the server will become a 3.4 enabled
node after reboot?

Thanks,
Gianluca