[Users] how do you manually add ovirtmgmt network to a node/host

Jeremiah Jahn jeremiah at goodinassociates.com
Fri Apr 4 13:03:07 UTC 2014

Trying to install ovirt node on an already existing kvm host.  Used
the "New" wizard from the engine. Things seemed to go ok ish until it
got to the point where it wanted to install networking. No real
errors, but has "One of the Logical Networks defined for this Cluster
is Unreachable by the Host."  error sitting on it. I tried dragging
that network onto one of the interfaces of my host, which already has
an IP address, as that's how I ssh to it, and it then took down the
interface and tried to dhcp an ip for it which failed after a while,
and resulted in udev stuck in an infinite loop taking down and
bringing up said interface.

Not really sure what's going on or what it's trying to accomplish.  I
set the ovrtmgmt network to have the same vlan id as the ethernet
device i dragged it onto.

thanks for any help.