[Users] HA

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Fri Apr 4 13:39:17 UTC 2014

On 4 Apr 2014, at 15:14, Sander Grendelman wrote:

> Do you have power management configured?
> Was the "failed" host fenced/rebooted?
>

> On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Koen Vanoppen <vanoppen.koen at gmail.com> wrote:
> So... It is possible for a fully automatic migration of the VM to another hypervisor in case Storage connection fails?
> How can we make this happen? Because for the moment, when we tested the situation they stayed in pause state.
> (Test situation:
> Unplug the 2 fibre cables from the hypervisor
> VM's go in pause state
> VM's stayed in pause state until the failure was solved

as said before, it's not safe hence we (try to) not migrate them.
They only get paused when they actually access the storage which may not be always the case. I.e. the storage connection is severed, host deemed NonOperational and VMs are getting migrated from it, then some of them will succeed if they didn't access that "bad" storage … the paused VMs will remain (mostly, it can still happen that they appear paused migrated on other host when the disk access occurs only at the last stage of migration)

so in other words, if you want to migrate the VMs without interruption it's not sometimes possible
if you are fine with the VMs restarted in short time on other host then power management/fencing will help here

Thanks,
michal
> )
>

> They only returned when we restored the fiber connection to the Hypervisor…

yes, since 3.3 we have the autoresume feature

Thanks,
michal