[Users] inconsistent sign-on, inacurate cpu % -- new to ovirt, new installation, new vm, first vm

Jeff Clay jeffclay at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 04:30:11 UTC 2014

I've noticed something inconsistent. When viewing the the console using
virtviewer on windows, I open the .vv file and sometimes the display
connection prompts me for a password, no user name, only password.
Regardless of what password I enter, it isn't accepted. Sometimes, I don't
get prompted for a password at all. Keep in mind, this is the only VM on
this machine, it's not like I'm having different issues on different
machines. Also, if it's relevant, I have SSO disabled for this VM.

Another issue, this vm has Windows 7 32-bit installed, configured for 2gb
RAM, 1 socket 2 cores, yet when doing windows updates, the system resources
shows the processor at constantly peaking to 100% on both graphs (both
cores); yet, the CPU utilization in the ovirt webui doesn't go above 50%,
almost like 50% = 100%.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. I'm sure I'm going to be bugging everyone with a lot of
questions as I dig further into this.