[Users] Upgrading dwh and reports from 3.3.4 to 3.4.0?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 23:14:43 UTC 2014

On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 12:09 AM, Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl at redhat.com> wrote:

>> I think you can yum reinstall ovirt-engine-dwh-setup, this should revert the
>> changes and then you can perform [1] change.
>
> Sorry... you have changed reports... so yum reinstall ovirt-engine-reports-setup will do the revert.

reverted the two backed up files and then applied the one character pathc.
Now setup proceeds but fails at this stage:
[ INFO  ] Stage: Misc configuration
[ INFO  ] Backing up database localhost:engine to
'/var/lib/ovirt-engine/backups/engine-20140406010658.a7sKzy.sql'.
[ INFO  ] Updating Engine database schema
[ INFO  ] Backing up database localhost:ovirt_engine_history to
'/var/lib/ovirt-engine-dwh/backups/dwh-20140406010717.D2aTFC.sql'.
[ INFO  ] Creating/refreshing DWH database schema
[ INFO  ] Exporting data out of Jasper
[ INFO  ] Regenerating Jasper's build configuration files
[ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Misc configuration': Command
'./js-ant' failed to execute
[ INFO  ] Yum Performing yum transaction rollback
[ INFO  ] Rolling back database schema
[ INFO  ] Clearing Engine database engine
[ INFO  ] Restoring Engine database engine
[ INFO  ] Rolling back DWH database schema
[ INFO  ] Clearing DWH database ovirt_engine_history
[ INFO  ] Restoring DWH database ovirt_engine_history
[ INFO  ] Stage: Clean up
          Log file is located at
/var/log/ovirt-engine/setup/ovirt-engine-setup-20140406010543.log
[ INFO  ] Stage: Pre-termination
[ INFO  ] Stage: Termination
[ ERROR ] Execution of setup failed

Log is here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvSVg3dk1lcU5EbW8/edit?usp=sharing

SO I come back here:
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2014-April/023083.html

;-)

do I have now to try to apply again http://gerrit.ovirt.org/26005 as suggested?

BTW: the failed action above left engine down but running
systemctl start ovirt-engine
let the service up again and web admin portal usable...

Gianluca