[Users] Cannot Ping CARP/Spoofed address

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Mon Apr 7 00:00:40 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 01:36:02AM +0200, Matt . wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm trying to use Mac spoofing for a Carp setup which is not working out
> well.
>
> Following here:
>
> https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=68137.0
>
> and here
>
> http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2013-October/017217.html
>
> This should be working by:
>
> engine-config -s EnableMACAntiSpoofingFilterRules=false --cver=3.3
>
> (The clusters are 3.3 compatible)
>
> In some strange way this is not working in any way.
>
> How can we solve this, as I'm out of options.

Could you attach vdsm.log from vmCraete of the relevant VM down to the
domxml passed to libvirt?

Please note that it is possible to enable mac spoofing not in the global
system level, but rather on a specific vNIC of a specific VM.

For this, you'd need to install vdsm-hook-macspoof, device a vNIC
profile with ifacemacspoof=True custom property, and attach it to your
specific VM.

Dan.