[Users] Pseudo Guest Agent for unsupported VM distro

Vinzenz Feenstra vfeenstr at redhat.com
Mon Apr 7 06:18:44 UTC 2014

On 04/06/2014 05:43 PM, Markus Stockhausen wrote:
> [...]
Yes, this is one of the things which had to be fixed for SLES. If it
would be only running a make command on SLES we would have already
provided the guest agent.

>   so I asked
> about its state in february and the negative answer was:  "... SLES was attempted ...".
> More see here:
>
> http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2014-February/021503.html
>
> So I reduced my requirements and searched a way to populate the columns
> IP and hostname in OVirt. This should be not more than doing an "echo ..."
> into the serial port.
>
> Markus

Regards,

Vinzenz Feenstra | Senior Software Engineer
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D
Phone: +420 532 294 625
IRC: vfeenstr or evilissimo

See how it works at redhat.com