[Users] Hosted Engine recovery failure of all HA - nodes

Jiri Moskovcak jmoskovc at redhat.com
Wed Apr 9 07:18:31 UTC 2014

On 04/08/2014 06:09 PM, Daniel Helgenberger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an oVirt 3.4 hosted engine lab setup witch I am evaluating for
> production use.
>
> I "simulated" an ungraceful shutdown of all HA nodes (powercut) while
> the engine was running. After powering up, the system did not recover
> itself (it seemed).
> I had to restart the ovirt-hosted-ha service (witch was in a locked
> state) and then manually run 'hosted-engine --vm-start'.
>
> What is the supposed procedure after a shutdown (graceful / ungraceful)
> of Hosted-Engine HA nodes? Should the engine recover by itself? Should
> the running VM's be restarted automatically?

When this happens the agent should start the engine VM and the engine
should take care of restarting the VMs which were running on that
restarted host and are marked as HA. Can you please provide contents ov
/var/log/ovirt* from the host after the powercut when the engine VM
doesn't come up?

Thanks,
Jirka