[ovirt-users] Etherpad for ovirt issues?

Andrew Lau andrew at andrewklau.com
Thu Apr 10 08:34:25 UTC 2014

Hi,

Could I propose an option for an etherpad of basic issues people have
run into with ovirt, split into a few categories like:

- engine
- hosted-engine
- gluster

The pad would be used for known workarounds (primarily for setup) and
identifying issues before opening a BZ

The main motive is, over the past few days I've redeployed my
hosted-engine install about 10 times.. I've run into about 5-6 issues
like bridge creation with the setup on vlans, or the use of prefix in
ifcfg etc.

- I've reported some of the main ones where I sort of know what the
problem is, but quite a few I've just walked around it by doing things
in a different order.
- Quite a few times I've also opened a few BZs and by the time
soneone's asked for a specific log, I've already reinstalled the host.
(I just can't stand a dirty host :P )
- Sometimes I'm not sure if they should be considered a bug so just move on
- Sometimes people (I mean I) get lazy
- There's often sometimes things which don't work, are reported in the
website but only get one line and often gets overlooked.

Thoughts?

Andrew