[ovirt-users] [Users] 2 virtual monitors for Fedora guest

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 10:30:48 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 12:16 PM, David Jaša <djasa at redhat.com> wrote:

>> > Gianluca, could you try f20 hosts?
>>
>> F20 hosts? In which sense?
>> I remained that they are not supported neither in 3.3.x nor in 3.4...
>> It is the reason why my aio install is still on f19....
>
> I meant hosts with newer qemu - some related patches would be available
> there. Maybe virt-preview is the way to go if use of f20 is infeasible.

I have already virt-preview enabled as this is an F19 AIO system so
that it is both engine and vdsm host and as from oVirt 3.4 release
notes on F19 host I had to enable it.
SO I think that it would not fix aso in general environment.
What  I have tested is rhel7 beta guest on f20 system
The host has
qemu-kvm-1.6.2-1.fc20.x86_64
libvirt-1.1.3.4-3.fc20.x86_64
spice-server-0.12.4-3.fc20.x86_64

And I did get the multimonitor using remote-viewer
(virt-viewer-0.6.0-1.fc20.x86_64)
When enabling second QXL I got even 4 displays, not only 2...
Possibly because of this entries generated in xml file?

    <redirdev bus='usb' type='spicevmc'>
    </redirdev>
    <redirdev bus='usb' type='spicevmc'>
    </redirdev>
    <redirdev bus='usb' type='spicevmc'>
    </redirdev>
    <redirdev bus='usb' type='spicevmc'>
    </redirdev>

ALso removing then the second QXL device, I stil lget multidisplay
options (the lines above are not put off....)

Gianluca