[ovirt-users] is ovirt-node.iso supposed to create a readonly filesystem?

Fabian Deutsch fabiand at redhat.com
Thu Apr 10 10:46:38 UTC 2014

Am Donnerstag, den 10.04.2014, 09:19 +0300 schrieb Itamar Heim:
> On 04/09/2014 11:01 PM, Jeremiah Jahn wrote:
> > I'm assuming the answer is no. But for some reason I seem to be
>
> the answer is yes actually. if you want a host you can change, use plain
> fedora/rhel/centos as the host.
> Fabian can reply to the rest.

Yep. Node has a read-only root filesystem, which has some overlays to
allow limited changes.

> > getting LVM volume group UUID overruns.

Do you mean collissions here, or can you explain it a bit more.

> > I'm using direct attach fiber
> > channel, and everything looks good, but there appears to be some UUID
> > or Volume group name in my list of LUNs that matches  some sort of lvm
> > key from the node root file system.  This only happens on the node
> > that I installed from the iso. I built all of these nodes in a vm,
> > then set that image to boot. I did NOT copy that lun from one top the
> > others, nor are any of the hosts luns visible from any of the other
> > hosts.  Not sure where to start. I'm going to reinstall from a
> > bootable cd directly connected to my blade and see if that clears up
> > the problem.

Could you please explain abit more about your setup.
If you have a SAN, an all LUNs of it are visible by all hosts, and you
install Node on more than one host, then it could come to collsisions.

Node is using some predefined LV names, e.g. Root, which will cause
collisions if there are more LUNs with LVs which have the same name.

Greetings
fabian