[ovirt-users] compatibility relationship between datacenter, ovirt and cluster

Tamer Lima tamer.americo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 19:50:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

yesterday my ovirt was 3.3
my datacenter and cluster (compatibility version) was aligned with ovirt
3.3

today my ovirt is now 3.4.
and my datacenter and cluster (compatibility version) remains 3.3  (with
the option enabled to change for 3.4)

browsing the ovirt admin page I see 2 occurrences of ovirt version:
datacenter tab  = 3.3
cluster tab  =3.3

I would like to understand what means all these versions, the same version
for a lot of important things, and how my ovirt works/behaves using
different versions.

all my doubts together :
What means datacenter in version 3.3(or lower version) when ovirt is 3.4  ?
what means cluster in version 3.3 when ovirt is 3.4?
what means change the "compatibility version" for datacenter?
what means change the "compatibility version" for cluster?

thanks