[ovirt-users] Re-add a node

James James jreg2k at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 13:38:17 UTC 2014

I try to follow the Daria's advices ..
I restarted my engine to clear the cache ....

but now I am facing a new problem. node1 is the SPM and I have this error
message
:

Manual fence did not revoke the selected SPM (node1) since the master
storage domain
 was not active or could not use another host for the fence operation.

> [...]
>>>              other people can participate as well :)
>>>

>>>         Oups ... I will do that ..
>>>

>>>              did you try to press the "confirm host has been rebooted"
>>>           (right
>>>              click)
>>>

>>>         Yes but same problem. node1 cannot be in maintenance mode.
>>>
>>>         node1 is SPM . I will make node1 release the SPM ressource.
>>>

>>>              On 04/11/2014 12:41 PM, James James wrote:

>>>         <mailto:dron at redhat.com>
>>>                  <mailto:dron at redhat.com <mailto:dron at redhat.com>>
>>>         <mailto:dron at redhat.com <mailto:dron at redhat.com>
>>>
>>>                  <mailto:dron at redhat.com <mailto:dron at redhat.com>>>>:
>>>

>>>                      what is the error message you get when you try to
>>>         put the
>>>                  host in
>>>                      maintenance?
>>>
>>>                  I have this message :
>>>

>>>                  Error while executing action: Cannot switch Host to
>>>                  Maintenance mode.
>>>                  Host is Storage Pool Manager and is in Non Responsive
>>>         state.
>>>                  - If power management is configured, engine will try to
>>>         fence
>>>                  the host automatically.
>>>                  - Otherwise, either bring the node back up, or release
>>>         the SPM
>>>                  resource.
>>>                  To do so, verify that the node is really down by right
>>>                  clicking on the host and confirm that the node was
>>> shutdown
>>>                  manually.
>>>

>>>                      are there any running vm's reported?
>>>

>>>                  No there is no VM running on this host
>>>

>>>                      Try to press the "confirm host has been rebooted"
>>>         button
>>>                  and than
>>>                      see if you can put the host in maintenance.
>>>
>>>                      If that fails, select the host, in the general tab
>>> you
>>>                  will get
>>>                      the re-install link.
>>>

>>>                  I am running ovirt 3.4.0-1. I down't know where is the
>>>                  re-install link but I can't see it.
>>>
>>>                      try to re-install, when install fails the host
>>>         should change
>>>                      status to failed installation.
>>>

>>>                      On 04/11/2014 12:09 PM, James James wrote:
>>>
>>>                          No, I can't ....

>>>         <dron at redhat.com <mailto:dron at redhat.com>
>>>                  <mailto:dron at redhat.com <mailto:dron at redhat.com>>
>>>                          <mailto:dron at redhat.com
>>>         <mailto:dron at redhat.com> <mailto:dron at redhat.com
>>>         <mailto:dron at redhat.com>>>
>>>                  <mailto:dron at redhat.com <mailto:dron at redhat.com>
>>>         <mailto:dron at redhat.com <mailto:dron at redhat.com>>
>>>
>>>                          <mailto:dron at redhat.com
>>>         <mailto:dron at redhat.com> <mailto:dron at redhat.com
>>>         <mailto:dron at redhat.com>>>>>:
>>>

>>>                              can you put the host in maintenance?
>>>

>>>                              On 04/11/2014 10:43 AM, James James wrote:
>>>
>>>                                  I can't delete the old node because it
>>>         is in Non
>>>                          Responsive
>>>                                  state. The remove button is stil blank .
>>>
>>>                                  In the engine.log I've got this log :
>>>                                  2014-04-11 11:40:45,911 ERROR
>>>
>>> [org.ovirt.engine.core.__vdsbroker.vdsbroker.__
>>> GetCapabilitiesVDSCommand]