[ovirt-users] compatibility relationship between datacenter, ovirt and cluster

Tamer Lima tamer.americo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 19:35:04 UTC 2014

ok, Itamar,  thanks.

now I can understand how the things work.

but I have a question based on the fact that  I have ovirt-engine on
version 3.4  and DC and Cluster both are configured on version 3.3 :

- This means that I have "available" features on version 3.4 , but these
features just will work when I update DC and Cluster to version 3.4   ?
(this is what I understand, following  Dafna Ron response)

so, to really obtain the benefits of the new version (3.4)  I need to run
the commands (yum update ovirt-engine-setup, engine-setup) and also
increase the version of compatibility within the datacenter, cluster and
host to the version 3.4

- and what I have if only update ovirt-engine  to version 3.4 and not
update dc, cluster neither hosts.
I realized changes on ovirt web admin interface,  improvements on icons and
maybe new fields.