[ovirt-users] Question about power user and public template

plysan plysab at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 01:52:55 UTC 2014

Hi,

Currently I have run into a problem about permissions when creating vm from template.

Say if non admin user A in power user portal want to create vm from template C created by non admin user B, I found out that A need to have both power user role and userbasedtemplatevm role to make it work. If i only assign userbasedtemplatevm to C, A can only view the template in power user portal but not able to create vm from it.

So is this the expected behavior? I don't quite understand what userbasedtemplatevm is used for.  I noticed that making template C public have the effect of assign userbasedtemplatevm to everyone, but that seems not enough to let everyone use it.

My engine version is 3.3.4.

Any ideas? thanks for any help!