[ovirt-users] [Users] hosted engine setup (NFS)

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Mon Apr 14 10:39:12 UTC 2014

Il 03/03/2014 12:39, René Koch ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I installed hosted engine and faced an issue with NFS during installation.
>
> First of all, I'm using GlusterFS on my storage and ovirt engine doesn't support GlusterFS yet, only NFS.
>
> But for NFS I can't use mountprotpo=tcp as hosted-engine --setup doesn't ask for NFS options.
>
> So I manually edited the following file:
> /usr/share/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/plugins/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/storage/storage.py
>
> and changed opts.append('vers=3'):
>
>         if domain_type == 'nfs3':
>             fstype = 'nfs'
>             opts.append('vers=3,mountproto=tcp')
>
> My question is now: is it possible to ask for NFS options during setup or do you think this can lead into problems? NFS via TCP worked fine for me for
> one week until I rebooted the host today (did reboot tests last weeks, too which was fine) and can't start hosted engine anymore (see other mail
> thread), but I think the other issue is not NFS mountproto related.

Well, in hosted-engine setup we don't ask for additional options because we don't store them.
We just ask for nfs3 or nfs4 because we pass that value as protocol version to VDSM connectStorageServer verb.
The above change affects only the temporary mount done for validating the domain.

--
Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com