[ovirt-users] [Users] hosted engine setup (NFS)

René Koch rkoch at linuxland.at
Mon Apr 14 12:23:35 UTC 2014

On 04/14/2014 12:39 PM, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Il 03/03/2014 12:39, René Koch ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I installed hosted engine and faced an issue with NFS during installation.
>>
>> First of all, I'm using GlusterFS on my storage and ovirt engine doesn't support GlusterFS yet, only NFS.
>>
>> But for NFS I can't use mountprotpo=tcp as hosted-engine --setup doesn't ask for NFS options.
>>
>> So I manually edited the following file:
>> /usr/share/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/plugins/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/storage/storage.py
>>
>> and changed opts.append('vers=3'):
>>
>>          if domain_type == 'nfs3':
>>              fstype = 'nfs'
>>              opts.append('vers=3,mountproto=tcp')
>>
>> My question is now: is it possible to ask for NFS options during setup or do you think this can lead into problems? NFS via TCP worked fine for me for
>> one week until I rebooted the host today (did reboot tests last weeks, too which was fine) and can't start hosted engine anymore (see other mail
>> thread), but I think the other issue is not NFS mountproto related.
>>

> Well, in hosted-engine setup we don't ask for additional options because we don't store them.
> We just ask for nfs3 or nfs4 because we pass that value as protocol version to VDSM connectStorageServer verb.
> The above change affects only the temporary mount done for validating the domain.

Thanks a lot for the information.

Btw, I can mount mit GlusterFS 3.4.2 NFS share now without specifying -o
mountproto=tcp. Is upd now possible or is the protocol determined
automatically now? I didn't test if hosted-engine-setup is able to mount
GlusterFS NFS shares now without hacks, too - only discovered this new
behavior on my hosts.

Slightly off-topic question:
The storage options are stored in
/etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/hosted-engine.conf, right? If I want to change
the ip address of my storage I simply put engine into global maintenance
mode, change IP in hosted-engine.conf and re-enable hsoted-engine vm
again? Or are there more steps required?

Regards,
René