[ovirt-users] [Users] hosted engine setup (NFS)

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Mon Apr 14 12:32:26 UTC 2014

Il 14/04/2014 14:23, René Koch ha scritto:

> On 04/14/2014 12:39 PM, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
>> Il 03/03/2014 12:39, René Koch ha scritto:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I installed hosted engine and faced an issue with NFS during installation.
>>>
>>> First of all, I'm using GlusterFS on my storage and ovirt engine doesn't support GlusterFS yet, only NFS.
>>>
>>> But for NFS I can't use mountprotpo=tcp as hosted-engine --setup doesn't ask for NFS options.
>>>
>>> So I manually edited the following file:
>>> /usr/share/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/plugins/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/storage/storage.py
>>>
>>> and changed opts.append('vers=3'):
>>>
>>>          if domain_type == 'nfs3':
>>>              fstype = 'nfs'
>>>              opts.append('vers=3,mountproto=tcp')
>>>
>>> My question is now: is it possible to ask for NFS options during setup or do you think this can lead into problems? NFS via TCP worked fine for me for
>>> one week until I rebooted the host today (did reboot tests last weeks, too which was fine) and can't start hosted engine anymore (see other mail
>>> thread), but I think the other issue is not NFS mountproto related.
>>>

>> Well, in hosted-engine setup we don't ask for additional options because we don't store them.
>> We just ask for nfs3 or nfs4 because we pass that value as protocol version to VDSM connectStorageServer verb.
>> The above change affects only the temporary mount done for validating the domain.
>
> Thanks a lot for the information.
>
> Btw, I can mount mit GlusterFS 3.4.2 NFS share now without specifying -o mountproto=tcp. Is upd now possible or is the protocol determined
> automatically now? I didn't test if hosted-engine-setup is able to mount GlusterFS NFS shares now without hacks, too - only discovered this new
> behavior on my hosts.

I don't know

> Slightly off-topic question:
> The storage options are stored in /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/hosted-engine.conf, right? If I want to change the ip address of my storage I simply put
> engine into global maintenance mode, change IP in hosted-engine.conf and re-enable hsoted-engine vm again? Or are there more steps required?

yes, storage info are stored in /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/hosted-engine.conf.
By the way, if you want to propagate the info on new hypervisors when you run deploy on them, you should also update the answer file in
/etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/answers.conf so it will be configured automatically in newly installed hypervisors

--
Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com