[ovirt-users] minimum DNS requirements for /etc/hosts

Jeremiah Jahn jeremiah at goodinassociates.com
Mon Apr 14 13:40:09 UTC 2014

I only use names for storage, but didn't have entries for the engine
yet, So I think ssh was slow since it couldn't do reverse DNS lookups
against the engine where my consoles are coming from. Thanks for the
input. I wanted to verify before testing since this is a production
environment. It seems like even the XMLRPC code must try and do a
reverse DNS against the engine as well, not just ssh.  Seems like the
engine hosts also needs said hosts file as well..