[ovirt-users] Unable to edit virt-v2v import VM - 3.4.0

Trey Dockendorf treydock at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 20:11:59 UTC 2014

I just imported a VM using the following command:

virt-v2v -ic qemu+ssh://root@kvm1.DOMAIN/system -o rhev -os
192.168.202.245:/tank/ovirt/import_export --network ovirtmgmt --vmtype
server syslog.DOMAIN

I successfully imported it in the oVirt web UI, but when I try to edit
the VM I get the following message, "Cannot edit VM. Cannot set single
display device via VNC display.".

I noticed the "Single PCI" option in the Console section is checked,
when none of my other VMs have this checked.

Another VM I imported using version 3.3.x does not have this checked.

The checkbox is greyed out, so I can't make any modifications in the
"Edit" dialog.

Any suggestions?

For issues regarding importing from KVM using virt-v2v, what logs are
useful besides engine.log?

Thanks
- Trey