[ovirt-users] VM samba4 is down. Exit message: 'int' object has no attribute 'replace'.

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Wed Apr 16 10:43:58 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 07:28:20AM +0000, Sven Kieske wrote:
> Hi,
>
> well it turns out I'm happy to
> _not_ have already upgraded to 3.4.
> because I heavily rely on vlans.
>
> revisiting
> http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_3.4_release_management
>
> I see the following criteria:
>
>  MUST: vm life-cycle is working flawlessly
> (start,suspend,resume,stop,migrate)
>
> MUST: Can define VLAN based networks, bond interfaces, and have VLANs
> over bonded interfaces
>
> however it seems that the combination of both of
> these features didn't get tested.
>
> I therefore suggest to add a new "MUST"
> to the VLAN based networks:
>
> MUST: vm life-cycle is working flawlessly
> (start,suspend,resume,stop,migrate)
> with VLANs
>
> what do you think?

I think that this is an unfortunate bug that creeped into ovirt-3.4.0.

However, please that note that it does not affect the plain network
definitions described in the release criteria, but rather a more complex
one, that includes QoS support.

Since it's creating too much grief, I'm inclined to ask Douglas if he
could rebuild vdsm for el6 and Fedora with that single patch added to
it. Can this be done?