[ovirt-users] [Users] Otopi pre-seeded answers and firewall settings

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Wed Apr 16 13:13:29 UTC 2014

Il 25/03/2014 23:09, Giuseppe Ragusa ha scritto:
> Hi Didi,
> I can confirm that using both an ovhe-answers.conf directive:
> OVEHOSTED_NETWORK/firewallManager=str:nonexistent
>
> and an /etc/ovirt-host-deploy.conf.d/99-prevent-iptables.conf with:
> [environment:enforce]
> NETWORK/iptablesEnable=bool:False
>
> results in "ovirt-hosted-engine-setup --config-append=ovhe-answers.conf" leaving iptables rules untouched while adding the second hypervisor host to
> an already deployed self-hosted-engine with one physical host.

I think this should be solved differently.
When hosted-engine --deploy detect firewall managers and ask
iptables was detected on your computer, do you wish setup to configure it? (Yes, No)[Yes]:
if you answer "no" it should ask:
do you want to prevent automatic configuration on this host? (Yes, No)[Yes]:
and if you answer yes it should take care of creating /etc/ovirt-host-deploy.conf.d/99-prevent-iptables.conf and avoid to add the host requesting
iptables configuration.

What do you think?

> Many thanks again,
> Giuseppe
>
> PS: is there any difference in using "ovirt-hosted-engine-setup" vs. "hosted-engine --deploy" ?

No, hosted-engine --deploy just call ovirt-hosted-engine-setup passing remaining arguments.