[ovirt-users] Question about power user and public template

plysan plysab at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 18:15:43 UTC 2014

Thanks for pointing that out, I really didn't think the disk has
permissions too :)

Because PowerUserRole has more permissions than UserTemplateBasedVm, so I
think assigning PowerUserRole is enough to see the template in power user
portal.  Based on this thought, I did the following two experiment:

1. I assigned PowerUserRole to user A in Configure -> System Permissions,
but after that I still cannot see template C in power user portal.
The above role assignment result in user A having PowerUserRole inherited
from System Permission, and based on [1], user A should have PowerUserRole
on template C, right ?

2. Now based on 1 if I explicitly add PowerUserRole to user A on template
C, I can see template C and create vms from it.

For my understanding, the above two role assignment should have the same
result.

Any ideas?

[1]:
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/engine-devel/2012-December/003229.html