[ovirt-users] [ovirt-devel] new feature

Martin Mucha mmucha at redhat.com
Fri Apr 18 07:42:32 UTC 2014

Hi,

sorry for the late answer.

Currently, yes. You can.

Formerly the was sole pool for whole app with possibility to allow/disallow duplicates(config option is named "ALLOW_DUPLICATES"; one mac being used multiple times or not). So there was a way, how to reach situation, where same MACs are being used among multiple data centers at the same time. This implementation of mac pool remained the same, only there are potentially many of them, one per scope -- data center. So if you configure your data centers / global pool such that there is an overlap in mac intervals, one mac can be allocated multiple times even if you've specified in configuration that you disallow duplicates.

But I've already wrote some code detecting overlaps and fixing them in context of one mac pool. It can be easily refactored and used for whole ScopedMacPoolManager, so that if configured so, trying to add new scope/datacenter with specified mac pool ranges will fail if those mac ranges overlaps with any other existing pool definition. Would that be benefitial to you? And if answer is yes, can you describe a little bit your expectations/request? Whether you want to have a possibility to change this behavior in app configuration, whether is suficient to use for this configuration forementioned ALLOW_DUPLICATES or you'd like another one, ...

M.