[ovirt-users] AllInOne Host wont start

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 21 10:17:30 UTC 2014

Bert wrote:

> Centos 6.5
>
> Basic Desktop Build

That probably also means that NetworkManager is managing your nics.
Switch those nics that you use for ovirt to not using NM.

> Yum updated
>
> Yum repo type installation with yum install
> ovirt-engine-setup-plugin-allinone -y
>
> Configured VDSM as Yes and took defaults everywhere else. After
> install I logged into management and tried to activate host and
> reinstall host but all I get is " Host local_host installation failed.
> Please refer to engine.log and log files under
> /var/log/ovirt-engine/host-deploy/ on the engine for further details".

Pastebin the log so that people can look at it.

> First timer so not sure where to look next. It appears that everything
> is configured I just can't turn any of it on.

Suspect NM is the culprit but without logs and/or more info about your
setup it is difficult to pin point the problem.

Regards,

Joop