[ovirt-users] Query for adding non kvm hosts to ovirt engine

Peter Harris doilooksensible at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 09:56:26 UTC 2014

I have a small test environment, where I am trying to work out the detail
of configuring ovirt + gluster as our main customer support environment.
All boxes running Scientific Linux 6.5 and ovirt 3.4 and glusterfs 3.5:

mgr1 : ovirt-engine installed and vdsm-gluster
vmhost1 : main vm server, added to mgr1 as host
vmhost2 : second vm server, add to mgr1 as host
strg1 : first gluster storage server
strg2 : second gluster storage server

mgr1 is an old box, hardware does not support virtualization
vmhost1 and vmhost2 have full vt capability
strg1 and strg2 hardware does not support virtualization

In the past, if I have created a gluster only ovirt-engine install, I have
been able to add strg1 and strg2 as hosts. Is there any way I can use mgr1
to manage both vm hosts and storage hosts, and add strg1 and strg2 to mgr1
as hosts. At the moment, I get the following error:
2014-04-22 10:27:37 DEBUG otopi.ovirt_host_deploy.hardware
hardware._isVirtualizationEnabled:186 virtualization support GenuineIntel
(cpu: False, bios: True)
2014-04-22 10:27:37 DEBUG otopi.ovirt_host_deploy.hardware
hardware.detect:202 Hardware supports virtualization
2014-04-22 10:27:37 DEBUG otopi.context context._executeMethod:152 method
exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/tmp/ovirt-2p0fjrQMTb/pythonlib/otopi/context.py", line 142, in
_executeMethod
    method['method']()
  File
"/tmp/ovirt-2p0fjrQMTb/otopi-plugins/ovirt-host-deploy/vdsm/hardware.py",
line 68, in _validate_virtualization
    _('Hardware does not support virtualization')
RuntimeError: Hardware does not support virtualization

Many thanks