[ovirt-users] difference between thin/depentend and clone/dependent vm virtual machine

Tamer Lima tamer.americo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 18:36:35 UTC 2014

hello,

I am in trouble

I have 3 servers dedicated to test OVIRT:
01- engine  + vdsm   (8 cpus,  32GB ram , 2TB HD)
02 - vdsm   (8 cpus,  32GB ram , 2TB HD)
03 - vdsm   (8 cpus,  32GB ram , 2TB HD)

I want to create cloned virtual machines but in my configuration I can only
save virtual machines on server 01; my configuration refers a DATA DOMAIN
on server 01

All my virtual machines are : 2 cpu , 6 GB ram , 500gb HD  and were created
like CLONE

My server 01 is the data domain and all new virtual machine is created, via
NFS,  on server 01 , who has 2TB maximum capacity   ( the same size of
partition  /sda3 = 2TB)

how can I save each virtual machine on a desired vdsm server ?

What I want is :
server 01 -   engine + vdsm  :    03 virtual machines running and hosted
phisicaly on this host
server 02 -   vdsm  :    04 virtual machines running and hosted  phisicaly
on this host
server 03 -   vdsm  :    04 virtual machines running and hosted  phisicaly
on this host

but I have this :
server 01 -   engine + vdsm  :    03 virtual machines running  and hosted
phisicaly on this host
server 02 -   vdsm  :    01 virtual machines running on this server  BUT
hosted  phisicaly on server 01
server 03 -   vdsm  :    none, because my DATA DOMAIN IS FULL   (2TB )

How to solve this problem ?
is it possible create one DATA DOMAIN for each VDSM host  ?   I think this
is the solution but I do not know how to point VMs to be saved on specific
data domain.

thanks