[ovirt-users] does SPM can run over ovirt-engine host ?

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Thu Apr 24 05:52:55 UTC 2014

On 04/23/2014 09:17 PM, Tamer Lima wrote:
> Hi , Yair
>
> yes, I dont want to re-install ovirt
>
> I'm not sure if allInone could be fix this problem.
>
> allinone install vdsm on the same ovirt-engine host. Well, I already
> have this : ovirt-engine, vdsm on the same host: srv-0202
>
> My storage domains(data and iso) are hosted on srv-0202
>

> I believe my solution is create one engine per server. Three independent
> engines managing only local virtual machines.

this does not sounds right.
engine and SPM should not communicate at 98% traffic for 2 hours.
SPM should be one of the nodes in the DC.
engine isn't acting as a node (even if deployed on one by chance of
all-in-one or hosted engine).

are you creating the VMs from template thinly provisioned or clone?