[ovirt-users] Hosted engine datastore crashed on adding a new datastore

Klas Mattsson klas at hekla.nu
Fri Apr 25 09:43:45 UTC 2014

Hello all,

For some reason, when I try to add a second datastore (separate IP and
empty share with 36:36 user rights), the share which has got the
hosted-engine on it crashes.

This of course crashes the hosted engine.

When the share is up again, it's not sufficient to create a directory
/rhev/data-center/mnt/ with identical name as before and mounting the
share there.
The hosted-engine still refuses to boot up.

The load (pure I/O) on the NFS server goes up to about 11 as well.

Any ideas on where I should check?